YFU’s distinctive brand of cultural exchange opens minds and hearts, enables learning that transforms lives, and ultimately helps to make us citizens of one world. While it is true that all travel broadens perspective and exposes the traveler to new experiences, YFU’s programs transform who you are and permanently change the way you see.
Study Abroad Programs
Through the exchange experience, YFU participants gain intercultural understanding, learn mutual respect, and develop a sense of social responsibility. Your experience abroad gives you leadership competencies necessary to meet the challenges and benefit from the opportunities of a fast-changing global community. YFU offers programming for all ages that allow you to immerse yourself in another culture, learn a new language and meet like-minded individuals who believe in our mission.
With YFU, you'll appreciate the nuances of a foreign language, and test your confidence in new situations. Although your YFU learning adventure will last only a short time, your journey abroad will have a powerful, life-changing impact. Study abroad with YFU to develop an understanding of a faraway place, and also an understanding of an inner place.
When you join YFU, you join an expert global exchange network with almost 65 years of experience in more than 70 countries, over 40 of which are available for you to study abroad in. From application completion and travel accommodations to adjusting to your exchange, our experienced Admissions Counselors and volunteers are here to support you every step of the way.
- Youth Programs (ages 15-18): Choose from traditional year, semester, or summer programs. Open to U.S. high school students or recent graduates.
- Classroom Excursions: An exciting opportunity for mentors, their high school students as well as any other interested students to explore unique cultural centers for 2-3 weeks over summer break.
- Young Adult/Gap Year Programs (High school graduate to age 26): Attend college and/or participate in volunteer programs. Open to young adults who are ready to make a difference in today’s world.
Become a Global Citizen
The amazing thing about studying abroad is that the experience is different for everyone. What you get out of an international exchange is unique to you:
- Discover and develop personal strengths like self-reliance, resourcefulness, and confidence
- Gain a new, global perspective and gain a sense of social responsibility
- Increase proficiency in another language
- Meet remarkable people and build lifelong friendships
- Build better decision making, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Develop independence of thought and adaptability in dealing with the unexpected
- Gain a real advantage on college applications
- Enhance global career opportunities
Programs taught in:
- English (US)