Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design is opened also for Polish students, who want to improve their language skills.
Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design (SAPU) is the main organizer of Cracow Fashion Week.
Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design (Poland, Europe) offers a two-and-half-year full-time program for international students. Our staff, all specialists in different areas of art and design, provide a program of study that enables a student to release his full potential. After over 20 years of experience, the school has achieved a high standard and an excellent reputation. We have been able to place many students in Polish fashion companies, ranging from cutting-edge boutiques to the largest industrial enterprises listed on the Polish Stock Exchange. Some students have also found employment with international companies operating in a diverse range of countries.
- The school is approved by the Polish Ministry of Culture and is listed in the Ministry’s Art School Directory. The school is opened for international students and education is held in English. Our intensive and comprehensive academic education in fashion allows students to prepare an excellent portfolio.
- The graduates receive a diploma – Fashion Designer.
- Since many years the School’s graduates have been taking part in Polish and international contests for fashion schools in Europe and they have won numerous prizes of high importance for their carriers:
- Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design (Poland, Europe) is the only private school of fashion to have received the Honorary Golden Thread – a very prestigious award for distinguished individuals and institutions in Polish fashion, granted by the Lodz International Fair (MTL).
- Our graduates have won numerous awards in Polish as well as international competitions – most recently Anka Letycja Walicka won the international competition Fashion Culture in London, in which the second and third places were taken by graduates from Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design.
- The school is a partner of international competitions: Fashion Culture (London), Habitus Baltija (Riga), Russian Silhouette (Moscow), Mielnica Fashion (Minsk), Donetsk Fashion Days (Donetsk), Jeansation (Monte Carlo).
- SAPU’s graduates hold prestigious internships abroad and work in the world’s top fashion houses like Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, John Galliano, Claude Bonucci,
- In 1999 Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design was awarded the prestigious prize „The Silver Loop” for its contribution to the development of Polish fashion industry granted by Poznań International Fair.
- Since 1994 Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design has educated more than 1,500 designers who work in fashion companies in Poland, Europe and in rest of the World. Many designs under their own brand name and are currently recognized in the fashion industry.
- Thanks to the Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design diploma show and intensive promotion of SAPU graduates, the City of Krakow was the 23rd in the ranking of the world’s fashion capitals in 2013 overtaking, Frankfurt, Vienna, and San Francisco.
- You can find articles about SAPU and its graduates in significant magazines both Polish and international – Vogue, Collezioni, WGSN, Dexigner and more.
- Cracow School of Art and Fashion Design is organizing a prestigious diploma show – Cracow Fashion Awards, which opens Cracow Fashion Week and attracts major media representatives and fashion celebrities from Poland and Europe.
At SAPU the students are in the heart of a vibrant community, alive with creative energy. They are surrounded by people who love what they do, who have ideas and talent, plans and passion. What happens in the classroom reflects what goes on every day in the industry’s workshops, showrooms and studios. Fashion is a highly diverse industry and it takes determination, hard work, flexibility, and passion to succeed. Our school is for self-motivated fashion enthusiasts, informed and mature enough to commit to a course that is demanding in both its breadth and depth. Students receive an intensive education with individual attention. The school, in a single location, allows students to interact freely and often, encouraging an exchange of ideas and debate. The informal, lively atmosphere creates a community of working artists.
Graduates’ carrier prospects
Our graduates work in all areas of fashion and within a wide variety of fashion companies, both manufacturers and retailers. Job descriptions include design entrepreneurs, freelance designers and consultants, pattern cutters, fashion journalists, stylists, photographers, illustrators, merchandisers, and public relations representatives. Some graduates set up their own workshops, and achieve independence and respect as professionals, selling their unique skills and work. During five semesters of study at SAPU, you can prepare an outstanding portfolio of artwork, paintings, design, and photos which will open doors to the best fashion schools in Europe including Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design in London and the Antwerp Royal Academy of Fine Arts.