Who we are
Istituto Venezia is an Italian school recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education, it is a member of:
- Asils , Association of Italian Second Language Schools;
- Tandem International , International Network of Quality Language Institutes
For many years he has been promoting the teaching of Italian in Venice and also:
- Coordinates the Italian for foreigners courses of the Venice International University (Ca 'Foscari University, University Institute of Architecture, Ludwigs Maximilian Universitat, Tel Aviv University, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Waseda University of Tokyo and Duke University)
- It is the place where courses and Master's courses in teaching and promoting Italian are held, Itals Laboratory at the University of Ca 'Foscari in Venice
- It hosts the Italian courses of the international Intercultura association
- Organize study abroad programs of American universities
We attach great importance to the quality of teaching and teaching materials .
For this reason our working group is made up of teachers who have attended training courses and further training in language teaching, in particular the courses organized by the Itals Laboratory (Italian as a foreign language) of the Ca'Foscari University of Venice and have a long experience field of teaching Italian to foreigners .
Our teachers are always ready to help you, motivate you and meet the different learning strategies and styles of students.
Work in the classroom with the students is supported by the coordination work of the teachers group whose goal is the constant updating of teaching materials and the improvement of teaching techniques and group work.
Our lessons are always in Italian because Italian is the language and culture in which we want to accompany you. You will see that in this way your progress will be fast and lasting. We follow a communicative approach that promotes the active participation of students and has as its main objective communication, both oral and written. We use authentic materials in class because they are examples of real communication and introduce you to Italian culture and society.
To discover the language together and practice, we alternate:
- Listen to strengthen oral comprehension
- Oral and written production activities
- Readings to improve written comprehension
- Activities for couples and groups
- Grammatical reflection
- Vocabulary exercises
- Educational games to learn while having fun
- Watching video sequences to learn more about the Italian reality
During the course the main communication skills - listening, speaking, reading, writing - are developed in all levels in a gradual and balanced way.
Each week the teachers adapt and integrate your group's program to meet your needs and interests.