The Financial management course looks at the importance of financial statements, capital markets and sources of finance and how it applies to the management of a company. To provide finance students with a body of knowledge which will increase their employment opportunities, prepare them for careers in the field of finance, provide them with a qualification which will enable them to progress to positions in finance within a company.
The Construction of Financial Statements
- Company accounts
- Cash-flow statements
Using Accounting Information
- Accounting ratios
- Accounting standards
- Marginal costing
- Capital investment appraisal
Sources of Business Finance
- Long-term sources of finance
- Short-term sources of finance
Mergers and Takeovers
- Reasons for growth via horizontal, vertical, or conglomerate integration
- Financing of growth
- The construction of basic group accounts
- The function of stock exchanges
- Share and bond issues
- Rights and bonus issues
- Applicants must have Leaving Certificate, LCA or equivalent.
- Holders of a QQI Level 4 Award are also eligible to apply.
- Mature learners (over 23) may be exempt from the above academic requirements.
- In addition, applicants will have to undertake an interview
- Funding available for social welfare recipients
Program taught in:
See 8 more programs offered by Birchwater Education »
This course is