The PMC program in E-Commerce Certificate provides the opportunity for graduate studies at the post-master's level of education. It is designed to meet specific individual professional needs at the post-MBA level through a module of courses, constituting at least fifteen (15) credits, in a major field or in a highly specialized area of study. A cumulative index of at least 3.0 must be achieved in the program of study. The PMC program is available at both the Westchester and Rockland campuses.
The program is open to holders of the MBA degree from regionally accredited schools of business administration and Management. A completed application file for the PMC candidate includes, in addition to the application form and $50 application fee:
- an official MBA transcript
- reports of performance and estimation of potential from professional and/or academic references
Upon successful completion of the program of study a certificate will be awarded to the student.
As businesses move more of their current operations online and new business startups create incredible opportunities today, managers at firms are experiencing dramatic shifts in how electronic commerce is redefining the way business is conducted globally on the Internet. This change is causing an increased demand by business students, employees, managers and others to learn the implications of these changes in business management, finance, marketing, information systems, and legal issues.
A new E-Commerce Certificate in the Hagan School of Business at Iona College will help address this demand. Electronic Commerce, or E-Commerce, is defined as the conduct of commercial transactions by electronic means. The opportunities are enormous for individuals and companies, and the outline on which to conduct business and investment decisions is still being defined. Iona College has a strong history in educational programs in management of information systems, computer science, telecommunications, and educational technology. In addition, the Hagan School of Business has a long history of educational programs in information systems.
The goals of the graduate level Advanced Certificate Program in E-Commerce are to provide graduates with:
- The ability to manage the process of developing and implementing an E-commerce system;
- A capability to identify business opportunities and direct organizational change;
- An awareness of the security, privacy, and legal issues in conducting electronic commerce;
- An understanding of the marketing issues in E-commerce; and
Familiarity with technical skills in the development of Internet E-commerce Web sites.
The program is taught by full-time faculty and is available as part of the current MBA curriculum, and as a Post-Master's Certificate. The courses may be completed on-campus at the New Rochelle or Rockland Campuses, or via distance learning on the Internet.
The Advanced Certificate in E-commerce is offered as an option within the current MBA program (12 credits), and as a Post-Master's Certificate (15 credits) for students who already hold an MBA degree from Iona or another institution.
Course Titles (students choose 4 or 5 courses from the list below)
- MNG 631- E-Commerce Strategy
- IDT 684 - Internet Based Applications Development
- BLW 640 - Legal Issues in E-Commerce
- MKT 671 - Internet Marketing
- IDT 681- Security and Privacy on the Internet
- FIN 619 - E-finance
- BUS 691- Virtual Teams * (new)
- BUS 692 - E-Learning Programs * (new)
- HRM 994 Web-based Human Resources * (new)
* offered as a Special Topics course
Last updated January 30, 2018