The best film, TV, animation, or audio programs start as dreams. Through the use of art, craft and technology, these dreams are turned into moving images and sound. The Motion Picture/Television (MPTV) program at College of DuPage is dedicated to helping students learn the art, craft and technology behind the media of moving images, and to transform dreams into work that moves.
Here are some of the many reasons to choose the MPTV program:
- Passionate faculty with award-winning, national production credits, and degrees from top programs (USC, UCLA, Northwestern)
- Smaller classes with hands-on work
- Film and television studio with multi-camera control room, lighting grid, chromakey screen, green room, and more.
- Computer labs with the latest professional, cross-platform software
- Audio studios with computers, professional software, mixers, and professional microphones
- Individual computer editing suites for advanced students
- Professional HD/SD digital video cameras and extensive support equipment
- Internship and employment opportunities with a broad range of employers in Chicago and the suburbs
Graduates of the Motion Picture/Television program find employment in a variety of areas. From camera operators to animators, writers to editors, directors to audio technicians, freelance producers to production team members, students with the expertise the program offers find fulfilling employment at the entry-level of the business of media creation. Advancement in the field is usually based on both area-specific skills and a broad-based background.
To access a wider variety of job opportunities, some students choose to continue their education with a bachelor's degree. The Motion Picture/Television program has transfer agreements with Columbia College Chicago and DePaul University, allowing students to begin at College of DuPage and finish at Columbia or DePaul.
This school offers programs in: