Student visa for Israel

All international students participating in programs of one semester or longer must have a Student Visa (A-2) before arriving in Israel.

The student visa is granted to those who want to study in the elementary and high schools, academic institutions and yeshivot and youth institutions of the Jewish Agency.

You must appear in person at your local Israeli Consulate or Embassy of Israel prior to your arrival to obtain a student visa. The documentation you need to provide typically includes the original letter of acceptance from a recognized educational institution in Israel, a bank statement showing sufficient funds for your study period, roundtrip airline tickets, and a completed and signed application for a visa to enter Israel. You may also need to provide your original birth certificate.

You should apply for your student visa soon after you have received the official letter of acceptance from your hosting educational institute in Israel.

The student visa is valid for up to one year. It allows many entries to the country, and can be extended in the Population Authority office for an additional period.