Preparation for your undergraduate degree in Economics at the University of Exeter Business School.
Why apply for the International Foundation programme?
- guaranteed university placement for all successful students
- a campus based programme with access to university facilities
- multiple start dates
There are two course options available:
- International Foundation (3 terms) - this is the standard option
- Extended International Foundation (4 terms) - this option features an additional term of English at the beginning for extra language support
Where will it take me?
Our progression guarantee:
We guarantee to find you a place to study on an appropriate degree and university if you successfully complete your International Foundation programme, follow professional advice offered by INTO staff and meet minimum attendance requirements.
As a successful pathway student, you’ll have access to a number of university progression options. Each progression option will follow a specific pathway and specific requirements for both English/study skills and overall grade. You’ll also find some courses have specific requirements, such as:
- successfully completing an interview;
- having previously studied a relevant discipline;
- having previously completed a degree; or
- having IELTS 6.0 or equivalent in English language.
13th in the UK for Economics
(The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017)
This course leads to the following undergraduate degrees at the University of Exeter:
- BSc Business Economics
- BSc Economics and Politics
- BSc Economics
- BSc Economics and Finance
- BSc Economics with Econometrics
- BSc Accounting and Finance
- BSc Business and Accounting
- BSc Business
- BA Business and Management
- BA Management with Marketing
What is special about the programme?
The Foundation leads to the award of the Foundation Certificate and combines academic study, intensive English language teaching and study skills to prepare you for entry into the first year of a university degree.
As well as a guaranteed conditional offer from the University of Exeter for successful students and full access to all the university facilities you'll benefit from:
- a quality assured university programme
- full university status
- a conditional offer of a place on the first year of a relevant undergraduate degree at the University of Exeter
- the highest levels of personal care and support
You'll receive support from your tutor on personal and academic issues, including advice on your studies. The International Liaison Office will help with your application to the University of Exeter and arrange visits to your academic college, so that you can learn more about your chosen degree programme.
We use a mix of individual, pair and group activities to create a collaborative in-class learning environment, encouraging research and discussion. You will carry out analysis and interpretation of business practices of key global businesses such as Apple, Google, Coca-Cola and Nike. In addition, we use INTO’s well-equipped classrooms and the University’s virtual learning platform to prepare you for independent learning when you progress to the university.
Who should apply for the International Foundation programme?
If you have completed secondary school education in your home country, the International Foundation programme provides academic preparation for first year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme. In some circumstances you may be able to enrol on the Foundation programme in order to change your specialist subject.
Key course facts
Course length: 3 or 4 terms (9 or 12 months)
Start dates: July, September, October and January
Fees: From £18,495
Leads to a degree in: Economics-related subjects
Age: 17 years and above
Academic: Completed 12 years of schooling with good grades, including minimum Year 12 pass in maths
English language: IELTS 5.0 - 5.5 or equivalent
Don't meet the entry requirements? We also offer an Academic English course
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 8, 2018