You'll enjoy use of The University of Manchester science labs as part of your learning.
The University was ranked fourth in the UK for 'research power' in biological sciences by the latest Research Excellence Framework.
Why apply for the International Foundation programme?
- A guaranteed conditional route to Year 1 of an undergraduate degree at The University of Manchester (subject to passing an interview and meeting the conditions of the offer set).
- A quality-assured, NCUK accredited programme recognized by The University of Manchester.
- Access to a range of university facilities, including world-class library, sport and social facilities.
Course options available
There are two options available for this course:
- International Foundation (3 terms) - this is the standard option, suitable for most students
- Headstart Foundation (3 terms) - this includes an additional two weeks of learning that introduces you to British culture and history
Where will this programme take me?
Successful completion of the International Foundation Programme leads to the award of International Foundation Certificate (RQF Level 3) from NCUK.
The University of Manchester seeks to attract students with high academic ability and this is reflected in typical entry requirements of grades A and B across all modules taken.
The University of Manchester admissions staff may also take into account previous academic attainment when considering candidates for progression.
Our conditional progression guarantee:
We guarantee to find you a conditional place to study on an appropriate degree and university if you successfully complete your International Foundation programme, follow professional advice offered by INTO staff and meet minimum attendance requirements.
As a successful pathway student, you’ll have access to a number of university progression options. Each progression option will follow a specific pathway and specific requirements for both English/study skills and overall grade. You’ll also find some courses have specific requirements, such as:
- successfully completing an interview;
- having previously studied a relevant discipline;
- having previously completed a degree; or
- having IELTS 6.0 or equivalent in English language.
8th in the UK for Pharmacology and Pharmacy
(The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017)
This programme leads to the following undergraduate degrees at The University of Manchester:
- BSc (Hons) Anatomical Sciences
- MSci Anatomical Sciences
- BSc (Hons) Biochemistry
- MSci Biochemistry
- BSc (Hons) Biology
- MSci Biology
- BSc (Hons) Biology with Science and Society
- BSc (Hons) Biomedical Sciences
- MSci Biomedical Sciences
- BSc (Hons) Biotechnology
- MSci Biotechnology
- BSc (Hons) Cell Biology
- MSci Cell Biology
- BSc (Hons) Cognitive Neuroscience and Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Developmental Biology
- MSci Developmental Biology
- BSc (Hons) Genetics
- MSci Genetics
- BSc (Hons) Immunology
- MSci Immunology
- BSc (Hons) Life Sciences
- BSc (Hons) Medical Biochemistry
- MSci Medical Biochemistry
- BSc (Hons) Microbiology
- MSci Microbiology
- BSc (Hons) Molecular Biology
- MSci Molecular Biology
- BSc (Hons) Neuroscience
- MSci Neuroscience
BSc (Hons) Pharmacology
BSc (Hons) Pharmacology and Physiology
BSc (Hons) Physiology
BSc (Hons) Plant Science
MSci Plant Science
BSc (Hons) Zoology
What is special about this programme?
The International Foundation is designed to improve your English language skills, develop necessary your study and research skills, and increase your understanding of key academic subjects.
- university-style teaching
- qualified and experienced teachers
- high contact hours and small class sizes
Regular university contact
As well as access to library and sporting facilities, admissions staff from the Schools to which you are applying will be in regular contact to ensure you feel part of the University.
There will also be opportunities to undertake visits to the University for activities such as departmental tours and open days, where you will be able to meet current students.
You’ll receive advice and feedback from your teachers during seminars and tutorials. They will be able to answer any questions and provide guidance, to ensure your academic success.
This programme provides the perfect combination of university-style lectures, interactive seminars and practical experience in laboratories.
During your Foundation year you will have the unique opportunity of having access to the fully equipped science labs at The University of Manchester.
By gaining hands-on experience you will be able to put theory into practice to fully prepare you for undergraduate study.
Who should apply for the International Foundation programme?
You should apply for this course if you have completed secondary school education in your home country.
The International Foundation programme provides academic preparation for first year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme at The University of Manchester.
Successful completion of this programme will also allow you to apply for entry to other universities in the UK.
Key course facts
Course length: 3 terms (9 months)
Start dates: August (Headstart), September
Fees: From £16,495
Age: 17 years and above
Academic: Completed 12 years of schooling with very good grades
English language: IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
Don't meet the entry requirements? We also offer an Academic English Preparation for Foundation Students course.
This school offers programs in: