Human Resources Certificate
People are the most important part of any organization, so knowing how to manage human resources well is a valuable skill. You will be at the heart of the operation, integral to every department, ensuring the right people are hired and nurtured. It’s a dynamic role with lots of opportunity for you to grow and prosper.
This 8-month (2 semester) program from the Chiu School of Business provides you with practical skills and knowledge to succeed in the exciting field of Human Resources. In addition to business training, you will receive specific training in human resource management, recruitment, selection, compensation and payroll, and employment law. You will learn the behavior of groups and individuals, and understand how to attract, retain, and develop staff.
The demand for knowledge in the area of human resources (HR) is increasing. This program is for you if you are seeking an entry-level HR generalist position, are working in an HR position and looking for specific education related to your job, or are looking to move into the field of HR
8-months (2 semesters)
- Credit in English 30-1 or English 30-2 or equivalent
- Credit in Math 30-1 or 30-2 or equivalent
- Successful completion of the General Educational Development test (GED) with a standard score of 520 in Language Arts: Reading and Writing and 520 in Math
- Satisfactory results on the BVC Admissions Test
English Language Proficiency Requirement
- For applicants whose first language is not English, please review English language proficiency requirements online.
Work experience options are available. Please contact a Student Engagement Officer for details.
Bow Valley College has a number of transfer agreements in place with other leading Canadian colleges and universities.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 26, 2018