(Certificate III and Certificate IV)
This program is supported by the Australian Hairdressing Council
Hunter TAFE is offering a unique English and Hairdressing pathway package. You can choose to do the courses individually or combined them for a ‘package’ which saves you money and guarantees you a placement.
- 24-month study program.
- English and Diploma.
- Access to award-winning Newcastle English Language Centre on campus.
- You can work while you study.
- Access to our discounted student accommodation.
- Internship program available.
- Welcome pack includes movie tickets, ten pin bowling pass, student association membership and more!
- Free airport pick up (From Newcastle regional airport).
English classes (If required) - AUD$5000:00 (6 months).
Certificate III to Certificate IV in package – AUD$20,000:0
English classes (If required)
Hunter TAFE is home to the award-winning Newcastle English Language Centre. This Centre operates 51 weeks of the year with a full range of study options available to all students, even those on visas other than student visas.
This program will run for 20 weeks for a discounted price AUD$5000:00 (AUD$250:00/week)
The program includes:
- English for Exam Preparation.
- Cambridge First Certificate (FCE).
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE).
- IELTS Preparation.
- General English Beginners to Advanced.
- English for Academic Purposes.
Entry level for this product is a minimum IELTS 4.5 OR Equivalent
Please note: Our English Language Centre can assess English proficiency prior to enrolment.
Semester 1 - Certificate III in Hairdressing
You will learn how to cut, colour, chemically reform and style your client's hair. You will also learn about client communication and service which includes discussing the needs of your client and styling according to their requirements.
When you finish this course and the on-the-job training, you will be able to work as a qualified senior hairdresser.
Individual course cost: AUD$12,950.00
1 Year program.
Entry level for one of the three Certificate III qualifications is a minimum Academic IELTS 5.5 OR equivalent.
Semester 2 – Certificate IV in Hairdressing
This course will provide you with advanced skills to build maintain and monitor a diverse sophisticated client base. The skills gained in cutting, colouring, styling and chemical work build on the skills of Certificate 3 in Hairdressing and will provide you with high level individual creative design and problem-solving skills to help you serve your clients. The salon management and staff training units provide the underpinning knowledge and skills to establish and/or manage a salon and staff.
Individual course cost: AUD$8,500:00
6 Month program.
Entry for the Certificate 4 is Certificate 3 in Hairdressing
Working in the Hunter region:
Over 90% of Hunter TAFE Hairdressing graduates are currently employed in the industry.
Whether working to gain postgraduate experience or need a casual job to help support living expenses, there are plenty of ways to find work that suits every situation.
Semester 4 – Internship (Paid)
After completing your study, you can purchase a 6 month PAID Internship from our partnership Australian Internships.
Australian Internships ensures that candidates receive training compatible with their educational background. Advantages of completing an Internship in Australia through Australian Internships include:
- Internationalize your resume
- Gain valuable experience in your academic field
- Obtain credit for your existing studies
- Develop workplace English skills
- Form alliances with international companies
- Gain recognition within your profession
- Improve your career options
- Develop an appreciation of the Australian work ethic and labour procedures
You will earn Award rates of pay in the Hairdressing industry – approx. AUD$810:00 per week.
Paid Internship fee is approx. AUD$5,600:00
Program taught in: