Information Communication Technology (ICT) Solutions for Small Business
Information Communication Technology (ICT) Solutions for Small Business is a two-year program.
In this two year, graduate certificate program, students develop marketable technical, business management, and interpersonal skills, all of which respond to the pressing ICT needs of businesses in all sectors of Canada’s economy. Students hone their technical skills, creating commercial applications and ICT solutions for SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises). At the same time, they gain training in Canadian workplace business practices, entrepreneurship, and interpersonal dynamics. Combined, these help internationally trained graduates obtain employment that is commensurate with their skills and qualifications.
The program enables students to become proficient in the practices and techniques used in modern ICT infrastructures. Students learn how to develop and implement practical solutions to solve typical ICT problems and challenges faced by smaller companies & businesses. Instructional methodology integrates theory with real-life simulations and hands-on applications. Students apply their acquired knowledge and skills to industry-based cases, simulations, and projects, working on both individual and several collaborative team projects.
Students also advance their problem solving, presentation and critical thinking skills throughout the period of study. They then bring all this training together in a capstone project in the final semester, where they manage and complete a technical project in collaboration with industry.
Upon graduation, students are prepared to use a combination of technical, business, and soft/interpersonal skills to help small and medium-sized enterprises achieve success within the digital economy.
Additionally, graduates have the option to take the exam for the Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) certification.
Semester 1 - 17 hours
- CP 250 Database Design and SQL (3 hours per week)
- EL 166 Computer Systems (3 hours per week)
- CS 106 International Business Communications (3 hours per week)
- IC 100 Network Fundamentals (5 hours per week)
- MK 114 Introduction to Marketing (3 hours per week)
Semester 2 - 17 hours
- IM 115 Web Design & Development I (3 hours per week)
- CP 140 OOP with NET I (3 hours per week)
- CP 150 Operating Systems (3 hours per week)
- IC 200 Routing & Switching Essentials (5 hours per week)
- IC 210 Windows Server Operating System (3 hours per week)
Semester 3 - 15 hours
- IM 215 Web Design & Development II (3 hours per week)
- CS 219 Communications for Technology (3 hours per week)
- IC 300 Customer Engagement Management (3 hours per week)
- IC 310 E-Commerce Solutions I (3 hours per week)
- IC 320 Entrepreneurship (3 hours per week)
Semester 4 - 16 hours
- CP 380 ASP.NET (3 hours per week)
- IC 400 Capstone Project (4 hours per week)
- IC 410 E-Commerce Solutions II (3 hours per week)
- IM 315 Web Development III (3 hours per week)
- GB 501 Project Management (3 hours per week)
Graduates may use their skills in any variation or cross combination of the following occupations based on the needs of a particular small to medium-sized enterprise.
- Computer and network operators and web technicians
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- Software engineers
- Computer and information systems managers
- Database analysts and data administrators
- Web designers and developers
- Computer engineers
- User support technicians
- Systems testing technicians
- Graduates of a four-year degree in information technology, computer science, computer science engineering, or network engineering
- Applicants must have graduated with a second-class degree or higher
- Applicants must have no more than six (6) fails throughout their study program
- English proficiency of 6.5 IELTS or higher, no band less than 5.5
How To Apply
International students: Apply for this program using the online application, or contact our International Education Centre for more information.
Canadian students: Please be aware that this program is offered on a full-tuition, cost recovery basis, and full fees apply. For more information please contact our Admissions Department.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 4, 2018