The specialty in Logistics and Supply Chain is justified given the need of the environment to make efficient use of its resources in supply chain areas. This considering the aspects of sustainability and use of information technologies, from a global, integrative and collaborative perspective.
Among the challenges currently offered by organizations can include the identification of strategic partners at a global level, competitiveness in the globalization of markets, energy costs and market demands as well as the increase in the complexity of organizations.
Thus, the training of specialists in the area of Logistics and Supply Chain, contributes decisively in the development of highly specialized talent, which is demanded by companies, which is capable of designing, implementing and leading high impact initiatives. in the generation of added value in its operations.
According to the document "Evaluation of the performance of Supply Chains in Mexico - Generation of National Indicators" generated from the study made by ATKEARNEY and sponsored by the Ministry of Economy and the Council of Supply Chain and Management Professionals, the greatest impact in Service indicators are given through the strengthening of training processes, and at the industrial sector level, strengthening the training processes of the supply chain actors is declared a priority.
Considering the Logistics Performance Index 2007, Mexico ranks 56 out of 150 countries, which makes evident the need to have specialists in the area to improve the competitiveness and economic development of the country. As a result of this, as a strategy in the National Development Plan 2007-2012, fostering the increase of human capital formation with capacities in logistics services emerges.
The Ministry of Economy, in its page dedicated to logistics in Mexico (http://www.elogistica.economia.gob.mx) declares "Together with the economic development of a country, its geographical position, its technological advances and other advantages , the talent of its human capital has been a determinant to achieve competitiveness. In the field of logistics, there are ample areas of opportunity that educational institutions with the training of human resources will surely be able to cover ... "
The Tecnológico de Monterrey aware of the need to train specialists in the area of logistics offers the specialty in Logistics and Supply Chain as an option to prepare human talent that can boost the country's competitiveness through the improvement of the management processes of the supply chain.
Program taught by professors with doctorate degree and professional experience of the School of Engineering and Sciences of Tecnológico de Monterrey.
- This program has accreditations and recognitions from national and international institutions such as:
- Commission of Universities of the Association of Schools and Universities of the South of the United States (SACS).
- The Tecnológico de Monterrey is accredited by the Commission of Universities of the Association of Schools and Universities of the South of the United States to grant professional degrees and academic degrees of masters and doctorates. Contact the College Commission at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, or call (1) 404-679-4500 (1) 404-679-4500 for questions about Tecnológico de Monterrey accreditation.
- Recognition of official validity of the Secretariat of Public Education of Mexico.
The active participation of students in their professional and personal education is promoted through individual and collaborative learning. This model also allows the student to build their knowledge with the guidance of expert teachers in their professional field and in teaching.
I direct to
The Specialty in Logistics and Supply Chain is aimed at:
- Graduates of professional engineering careers related to administrative and engineering sciences.
- People wishing to join the productive sector by creating solutions for the problems of Logistics and the field of Supply Chain from its design, analysis, development and implementation.
The Specialty in Logistics and Supply Chain aims to:
- Develop specialists to achieve in their professional career.
- Improve the competitiveness of an organization through innovations in the management of the supply chain.
- Optimize the logistics and supply chain processes of an organization through technological and administrative innovations.
The particular objectives of the specialty are to train specialists capable of:
- Understand the process of creating value and its management; analyze the strategic framework of the value chain; identify and propose strategies for the creation of value; apply optimization decisions to operational management processes.
- Apply statistical tools that help you in the management of data taken at a point in time (transverse) or through time (longitudinal); raise and solve problems in the business environment, choosing the most appropriate statistical tools according to the information available; Efficiently use one or more statistical packages; interpret adequately the results obtained from the statistical tools used that allow you to base decision making effectively; assess the impact of your decisions on the functions of the company and the benefit of your community as well as in personal situations.
- Use tools that allow you to simulate models for purposes of analysis and selection of mode or modes of transport, efficiencies in time and costs; understand the incorporation of technological aid systems such as geographic information systems, and identify strategies that allow better decision making with the support of multicriteria methods.
- Design the operations of the different types of warehouses and distribution centers and their administration, using advanced tools that allow you to simulate and analyze the factors that influence the control of inventories and the optimization of costs, times and spaces as well as using criteria to improve decision-making regarding forecasting models and propose a proprietary model and incorporate RFID technology for tracking and control of inventory materials and their integration with ERP systems.
- Integral design of the supply chain, incorporating advanced strategies such as outsourcing, planning and demand control, reverse logistics, among others.
- Solve problems related to the recovery of materials or products for recycling or reuse from the end user to their processing place; identify and develop quantitative strategies that involve the location of facilities, transport for collection, disassembly processes and inventory management with return of material and understand the relevance of information technologies and innovation, as well as environmental responsibility, as requirements indispensable for the development and positioning of the company.
- Upon completion of the specialty, it is expected that the student has the knowledge and skills necessary to obtain a national or international professional certification relevant to the area of Logistics and Supply Chain.
Lines of investigation
The study plan revolves around a commitment to the industrial and services sector and this leads to a double but intrinsically linked line of knowledge, which could be explained as: "Tools and working methods for the optimization of flows of goods and services and the associated information flows that put them in motion Logistics in addition to the flow of knowledge in process management that allows the optimization of the supply chain from its suppliers to the same customers, ". This line entails in its breakdown:
- Development of Techniques using Mathematical Optimization models and of a practical nature.
- Use of statistical tools for demand planning, production scheduling and distribution that achieve the maximum benefit, the lowest cost and satisfaction of the requirements and quality attributes that are requested by the same customers.
Therefore, the focus of the curriculum considers the student's preparation to obtain a professional certification such as the Supply CHain Council, the CSCMP or APICS from the preparation granted by the program. It is sought that the student obtains such professional certification that allows the generation of knowledge and value in the company where it is developed. Having this international professional certification, allows both students and companies for which they work, have a competitive advantage that contributes to the development of the national sector in which they work.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 7, 2018