This program is designed to give students the opportunity to practise and improve their Spanish both inside the classroom and in the workplace. Intensive Spanish language courses is combined with an unpaid work placement/internship in a local company so that students can further development Spanish language skills in their chosen field, as well as gaining invaluable work experience.
This scheme offers the opportunity to work for Spanish speaking company, add valuable work experience to your CV and show that you are able to work in a professional Spanish speaking environment. You should expect to be doing very basic jobs to start with, however you will be given more responsibilities by the company as you prove yourself capable
Unpaid work experience is most suitable for younger students who have a good level of Spanish and already have some experience or qualifications in the area they are looking to work in. Please note that you will be required to pass an interview at the company providing the experience. You have a better chance of being offered a placement if your Spanish is good and if you have relevant skills and/or qualifications.
Students need to take at least a 4-week Intensive Spanish course. Although you must have at least B1 level of Spanish by the time you commence your work placement, your spoken Spanish may have to be better in order for you to successfully pass an interview.
The minimum amount of time that you can choose to work for is 2 months. The maximum placement length is 6 months. However if you do wish to extend the placement length after you have started, and the company are happy to do so then this fine. The amount of time that you choose to do this scheme depends on your financial situation. The majority of students take a period of 3-6 months, as it is more difficult to get work experience for a shorter period (e.g. 1-2 months). Generally placements are full time.
You should plan not to be paid at all.
Most areas of business are covered, everything from Marketing to Architecture. We would need to evaluate the Spanish level, experience and qualifications of the applicant before we can advise on what would be suitable.
- Age – 18-30 years old
- Minimum level of Spanish – B1 (Intermediate)
- Intensive Spanish course duration – 4-8 weeks
- Unpaid internship
- Applicants should have some experience in their chosen field
Conditions of Enrolment
All students will be required to observe the school's Conditions of Enrolment.
- All applicants must be aged 18-30, have B1 level of Spanish or above.
- Your application form, Curriculum Vitae and letter of motivation must be submitted to the school at least 4 weeks prior to the commencement of your work placement.
- Applications are accepted subject to your suitability for the positions available.
- We will only start looking for your work placement once we have received full payment and paperwork for your course.
- Subject to availability, the school will endeavour to provide placements within Madrid area city limits. Placement(s) in alternative locations may be offered if necessary.
- We will endeavour to find you a work placement starting on the date you have requested. However, we reserve the right to offer you a placement starting up to 14 days after your requested start date.
- Full details of your placement, including the name and address of the employer, will be provided to you as soon as possible after your course starting date.
- We shall find out from you what type of work placement you are seeking, taking into account your education, training, interests, past experience.
- Once we agree on a set of plans for your work placement, you must stay with them, and we will do our best to arrange the type of placement you want.
- You will not be permitted to refuse or change a placement except when the school considers that you have a valid complaint.
- We will make every effort to ensure that employers do not cancel or terminate a placement except in the case of serious unsuitability of the student.
- You must behave during the Spanish Internship placement exactly as though you were an employee. You should learn by being with others in the workplace, and you should not expect your company to give you a vocational training program. You must observe any reasonable requirement of employers, particularly concerning any instructions given, dress code, and rules of the workplace.
- If a company does not provide the experience they promised, we will try to resolve the problem, provided that you tell us immediately after starting your placement. If the fault lies with the company and we cannot find a solution, we shall find another placement for you.
- We are not responsible for any student who leaves their placement without consulting us.
- If you are 'fired' by your company we will not find another placement for you.
- An internship placement is an unsalaried post.
- Many people in large towns travel for an hour or more to get to their workplace, and you must be prepared to do this, though most placements are close by.
- Spain is a multi-cultural society, and even though your colleagues will be Spanish-speaking, they can be from any national and cultural background.
We offer two possibilities:
Intensive Spanish Course of 4 weeks duration and Internship with a minimum duration of 2 months and a maximum of 6 months.
Intensive Spanish Course of 8 weeks duration and Internship with a minimum duration of 2 months and a maximum of 6 months.
Registration fee: 40 €
This price includes:
- Placement exam
- Lessons (maximum 8 students)
- Internet access
- Video room
- Final exam
- Certificate of proficiency at the appropriate level
Students with some knowledge of Spanish may begin any Monday.
Starting dates of courses for beginners are the following:
Starting Dates 2018 (only Intensive Courses or Combined Courses)
Students with some knowledge of Spanish may begin any Monday.
The beginning dates of courses for beginners are the following ones:
- January 8th and 22nd
- February 5th, 19th
- March 5th, 19th
- April 2nd and 16th
- May 7th and 21st
- June 4th and 18th
- July 2nd and 16th
- August 6th and 20th
- September 3rd and 15th
- October 1st and 15th
- November 5th and 19th
- December 3rd
All students with prior knowledge of Spanish must take an oral and written test in order to be placed at the appropriate level. Students with some knowledge of Spanish may begin any Monday.
Another test is offered at the completion of each course to qualify students for a certificate based on their level of achievement.
National Holidays in 2018
- January 1st
- March 29th and 30th
- May 1st, 2nd, and 15th
- August 15th
- October 12th
- November 1st and 9th
- December 6th and 25th
If the student attends classes for only 2 weeks, these holidays will be compensated for extra hours of class.
*The list of National Holidays can be changed due to official law requirements, therefore new dates may be added after this publication.
Program taught in: