Today's breakneck business pace, changing economic conditions, variable capital markets, and increasing demands for corporate accountability in light of the disclosures of widespread unethical business practices are driving the board\'s role in corporate governance on to center stage.
These new requirements dictate that boards become more involved, knowledgeable, and proactive. In this ISS-accredited program, you will improve your understanding of the responsibilities of board membership and gain the skills and strategies needed to become a more effective director. Through cases and simulations, you will learn techniques to respond to internal and external pressures, as well as a framework to manage the crises that can confront today's corporations.
During this course, you will:
- Learn the tools required to be an effective director
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of board governance
- Analyze the role of the board vis-à-vis management, internal auditors,
and external auditors
- Acquire an awareness of and a strategic response to boardroom
- Understand the current practices in top management compensation
- Understand the board’s duties in mergers and acquisitions
- Study the legal and ethical challenges faced by today’s boards
- Participate in a “board in crisis” case simulation, providing an opportunity to implement some of the knowledge gained during the program
Program taught in: