Certificate of Proficiency (English)
This course aims at learning the language through activity based sessions and exploring the cultural dimensions associated with the language. The duration of the course is 4 semesters. Students who successfully complete 2 semesters of the course will be awarded certificate in the language; On successful completion of 4 semesters, student will be awarded diploma. The course carries 44 credits for 2 semesters and 88 credits for 4 semesters.
Key highlights of the course
- An experience of high quality teaching
- Outstanding reputation for excellence
- A choice of start and end date
- A wide range of courses for different ages, needs and wants
- Exciting, fast-paced, and learner-centred lessons.
- Modern teaching centres with the latest resources and facilities
- Listening abilities, including a more in-depth understanding of daily conversations and interactions
- Speaking abilities, including conversing on topics in informal or formal conversation and expressing feelings, opinions, and emotions
- Reading abilities, including small comprehension texts, making more connections with the help of articles and online material and ability to understand use of grammatical structures
- Writing abilities, including short paragraphs
- Cultural Awareness, including greater sensitivity to language-specific cultural norms and customs , ability to discern and compare cultural similarities and differences and country-specific awareness of etiquette with regard to cuisine and also the ability to discern informal and formal address
- Communication: Students will develop interpretive, interpersonal, and presentational communication skills in another language.
- Should be studying in B.Tech/BBA BCA/ BJMC/ B.Com in a recognized University/ College/ Institute
Career and Placement
Hospitality, tourism and Translation. Routine campus interviews.
Guidelines for Admissions
- Pre-qualification examination criteria for the Under Graduate programmes is Class 12th from any of the recognized boards of India. For foreign nationals, the pre qualification for the Under Graduate programmes is a certificate equivalent to Class 12th examination of the country and meeting the equivalence criteria of ‘Association of Indian University’.
- Pre-qualification criteria for the Post Graduate programmes is graduation from any recognized university in India. For foreign nationals, the pre-qualification criteria for the Post Graduate programmes is degree awarded by a University in a particular country and meeting the equivalence criteria of ‘Association of Indian Universities’.
- Applicants who have appeared for their final year graduation examinations in year 2015 may also apply for admission to Post Graduate programme.
- The University reserves its rights to judge the capability of a candidate through GD/PI before final admission.
- TOEFL/IELTS is compulsory for foreign nationals who do not have English as primary language in teaching and examination.
- To qualify for admission in Sharda University in its Under Graduate programme, the applicants must complete 17 years of age on 31st December of the academic year in which they are seeking admission.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 8, 2018