This program is designed for working professionals in non-profit management
This 50-hour fundamentals course covers topics that build skills in the management of people, systems, and finances.
The certificate program was developed to accomplish the following:
- build knowledge and skills for the not-for-profit manager
- develop a broader knowledge of the legal environment of non-profit
- build upon leadership skills for working with volunteer boards
- learn best practices through benchmarking peer agencies
- create a mechanism for setting goals
Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a certificate of completion from the Institute of Management at Winthrop University.
The course covers the six functional areas of human resource management:
- Human Resources Management
- Business Ethics and Diversity
- Accounting and Finance
- Program Effectiveness-The Planning Process
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Legal Basics
Classes will rotate between the campuses of Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC and the University of South Carolina-Lancaster extension. Instructors are professionals in the field of non-profit management, consultants specializing in non-profit management, and faculty members in the College of Business Administration.
Non-profit executive directors, presidents and CEOs that desire skills building
Program managers, department managers, and key staff leadership
Students wishing to enter the field of non-profit management
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 24, 2018