This qualification reflects the role of commercial cooks who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen.
They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
Entry Requirements (International Students)
Applicants will need to show they meet one of the following entry criteria:
- English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5;
- 18 years or over;
- Satisfy the Australian Department of Immigration’s (DIBP) genuine temporary entrant (GTE) criteria for a student visa (subclass 500);
- Completion of Australian Year 11 (senior secondary) education or overseas equivalent; OR
- Demonstrated skills acquired through work experience; OR
- Employed in a relevant position with the opportunity to acquire skills; OR
- Demonstrate through an admissions interview, either in person or by phone, that they have the skills and capability to succeed in the course.
Note: All Applicants MUST hold all pre-requisites Units if required
This programme is delivered as a package with Certificate III in Commercial Cookery over a period of 18 months. Including 6 terms of 10 week periods of 20 hours per week. (Plus 5 x 2-week breaks)
Work Placement Programme
This programme requires 48 service periods of Work Placement. This Work Placement Program (WPP) is an essential component of this course and provides students with real-life experience in the industry.
This course provides a pathway into SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management. It can also lead you into roles such as team leader, operations coordinator or supervisor.
Potential Career Outcomes
Team Leader, Operations Coordinator, Supervisor.
- Tuition Fee: $23,000.00 (AU)
- Material Fee: $400.00 (AU)
- Enrolment Fee: $200.00 (AU)
Program taught in: