The 10433NAT Certificate IV in Christian Ministry and Theology course is designed to provide students with the ability to live an effective Christian life, communicate the Gospel and serve their community and work. This course will train potential leaders in a range of Christian ministry activities relevant to the local church, Christian organization, and workplace.
This course will give students:
- A practical understanding of the Bible
- An increased capacity to hear from God and know the workings of the Holy Spirit
- A foundation to think biblically and make ethical decisions
- Competence in communication (especially in communicating biblical concepts), conflict-resolution and people management skills
- Pastoral care and ministry skills with a heart for God and people
Qualifications are fully competency-based and while knowledge and some aspects of competency are assessed within the realms of each subject, completion of a ministry project demonstrating all areas of competency will need to be completed to graduate.
The student will obtain practical experience by undertaking various field activities including a cross-cultural mission trip and placements at their local church, with a Christian ministry or community service organization. This practical experience is to be gained in an area that complements the assessment project and the immediate goals of the student.
A full-time student would normally undertake a study load of 5 subjects at any one time. Individual subjects may be delivered on a week by week basis or by intensives.
The Certificate IV course can be completed in one year if studied full-time. Part-time study options are available.
LOCATION OF TRAINING
This course is delivered at Canberra Campus, Belconnen, ACT, and by various Partners interstate. For other delivery sites see the Partners page on the college website.
Fees for full-time students of the Certificate IV in Christian Ministry & Theology course are:
Australian Students $6,000
International Students $6,800
- Fees cover some costs associated with Australian field trip expenses including mission trips. The balance of field trip costs are covered through personal and college-organized fundraising activities as part of course training.
- Individual subject costs are available on enquiry.
Note: The college reserves the right to alter fees prior to the start of each academic year.
Government study assistance such as Austudy, Abstudy and Youth Allowance is available to eligible domestic students for this course. Visit www.studyassist.gov.au for more details.
Program taught in: