This qualification reflects the role of pastry chefs who use a wide range of well-developed patisserie skills and sound knowledge of kitchen operations to produce patisserie products. Using discretion and judgment, they work with some independence and under limited supervision using plans, policies, and procedures to guide work activities.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in various organizations where patisserie products are prepared and served, including patisseries, restaurants, hotels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés and coffee shops.
Using discretion and judgment, they work with some independence and under limited supervision using plans, policies, and procedures to guide work activities.
Entry Requirements (International Students)
Applicants will need to show they meet one of the following entry criteria:
- English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5;
- 18 years or over;
- Satisfy the Australian Department of Immigration’s (DIBP) genuine temporary entrant (GTE) criteria for a student visa (subclass 500);
- Completion of Australian Year 11 (senior secondary) education or overseas equivalent; OR
- Demonstrate through an Admissions Interview, either in person or by phone, that they have the skills and capability to succeed in the course.
Note: All Applicants MUST hold all pre-requisites Units if required
This programme is delivered over a period of 12 months, including 4 terms of 10 week periods of 20 hours per week. (Plus 3 x 2-week breaks)
Work Placement Programme
This programme requires 12 service periods of Work Placement. This Work Placement Program (WPP) is an essential component of this course and provides the students with real-life experience in the industry.
This course provides a pathway into SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management.
Potential Career Outcomes
Pastry Chef, Patissier
- Tuition Fee: $16,800.00 (AU)
- Material Fee: $400.00 (AU)
- Enrolment Fee: $200.00 (AU)
Program taught in: