The CUA30915 Certificate III in Music Industry course, delivered in the context of the Creative Ministries Program, is designed to give people opportunity to develop skills and knowledge for the purpose of Christian music ministry. Students who complete the program will gain a CUA30915 Certificate III in Music Industry as well as selected units from the Certificate III or IV in Christian Ministry and Theology qualification.
The program will train individuals in musical skills along with strengthening their ability to implement these in association with their Christian faith. This program is normally delivered with a contemporary music focus but will provide a foundation for further musical study in a range of music genres.
This program will provide training in practical skills and background knowledge related to the music industry, with specific application to church ministry. Students who undertake this program can expect to achieve the following outcomes:
- Technical and performance skills on an instrument and/or voice
- Ability to contribute to a church worship band or vocal ensemble
- Fundamental knowledge of music theory
- Basic audio skills
- An understanding of principles, opportunities and resources associated with, and in preparation for, being involved in the Music industry and in the Arts as a Christian
Course outcomes apply to both paid and voluntary employment options. More specifically this course aims to give students the opportunity to achieve the following outcomes:
- Band Member Additionally the course involves some Christian studies which can be put towards a Certificate III/IV in Christian Ministry and Theology qualification.
This course is delivered in a Christian context. The program for full-time students will involve:
- Classes and training in music practice, theory and the music industry
- Field experience in terms of involvement in a church or Christian ministry organisation
- Christian studies subjects which can be put towards a Certificate III/IV in Christian Ministry and Theology qualification
A full-time student would normally undertake a study load of 6-7 subjects at any one time. Individual subjects may be delivered on a weekly basis, by intensives or by correspondence.
Completion of assessment activities demonstrating all areas of competency will need to be completed to graduate.
Part-time students are able to undertake selected music subjects without the additional Christian-focussed subjects. They may achieve a Statement of Attainment for competencies achieved towards the Certificate III in Music.
The Certificate III course would be completed over a minimum period of 6 months (one semester) if studied full-time, and depending on the student’s level of practical skill upon entry to the course.
LOCATION OF TRAINING
This course is delivered at Canberra Campus, Belconnen, ACT, and by various Partners interstate. For other delivery sites see the Partners page on the college website.
Fees for full-time students of this course are:
Australian students CUA30915 Certificate III in Music Industry $3900
Note: this fee applies to enrolment in a single semester of study as a full-time student. Fees include weekly 30 minute private lessons in your major area of study.
Extra fees apply:
- where additional individual lessons are required or requested in minor or elective instrumental/vocal studies
- where semester length electives are chosen
- where additional studies are undertaken to achieve competency (for example an additional semester)
- where additional studies above course requirements are undertaken.
Note: The college reserves the right to alter fees prior to the start of each academic year.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 11, 2018