The CUA20615 Certificate II in Music Industry course, delivered in the context of the Creative Ministries Program, is designed to give people opportunity to develop foundational music skills and knowledge in the context of Christian ministry. Students who complete the full-time program will gain a CUA20615 Certificate II in Music Industry as well as selected units from the Certificate IV in Christian Ministry and Theology qualification. The program will train individuals in basic musical skills along with strengthening their Christian faith. This program will provide a foundation for further musical study in a range of music genres.
Students who undertake this program can expect to achieve the following outcomes:
- Basic performance skills on an instrument and/or voice
- Ability to perform simple pieces in a band or vocal ensemble
- Fundamental knowledge of music theory
- Basic audio skills
- An understanding of basic aspects related to, and as preparation for, involvement in the music industry and music ministry
This course is delivered in a Christian context. The program for full-time students will involve:
- Classes and training in music practice, theory and the music industry
- Field experience in terms of involvement in a church or Christian ministry organization
- Christian studies subjects which can be put towards a Certificate III/IV in Christian Ministry and Theology qualification
Part-time students are able to undertake selected music subjects without the additional Christian-focussed subjects. They may achieve a Statement of Attainment for competencies achieved towards the Certificate II in Music. A full-time student would normally undertake a study load of 6-7 subjects at any one time. Individual subjects may be delivered on a weekly basis, by intensives or by correspondence.
The Certificate II course could be completed over a period of 6 months if studied fulltime and depending on the level of practical skill on entry to the course. Students may need to extend studies into a second semester to fulfill competency requirements. This will be at additional cost.
LOCATION OF TRAINING
This course is delivered at Canberra Campus, Belconnen, ACT, and by various Partners interstate. For other delivery sites see the Partners page on the college website.
Fees for full-time students of this course are:
Australian students Certificate II in Music Industry (1 semester) $3600
Fees include 18 weekly 30 minute private lessons in your major area of study.
Extra fees apply:
- where additional individual lessons are required in minor or elective instrumental/vocal studies
- where semester length electives are chosen
- where additional studies are undertaken to achieve competency, including an additional semester’s enrolment
- where additional studies above course requirements are undertaken.
Note: The college reserves the right to alter fees prior to the start of each academic year.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 11, 2018