How do you build high-performance organizations? Long neglected by nonprofits, capacity building has become a high priority within the nonprofit world.
Capacity involves helping an organization to realize its potential through a process of improved integration of its strategy, structure, people, programs, and systems. Building capacity relates to developing and applying management practices and principles throughout an organization to produce results.
Nonprofit leaders should learn how to identify gaps and deficiencies within their organizations and methods to overcome barriers to achieving higher performance. They also need better understanding of metrics to measure performance and to benchmark their progress. This course is for nonprofit leaders who want their organization to be better aligned with mission and to achieve its potential.
Who Should Attend?
- Executive Directors, CEOs, and active Board Participants
- Those responsible for the internal management of nonprofits and their programs as well as personnel, financial and information systems.
What Methods Will Be Used?
- Case methods to structure generic organizational problems and to identify barriers to performance.
- Lectures develop core management concepts and their application to capacity building issues and problems.
- Problem-solving exercises to draw upon shared experiences and learning.
- Faculty drawn from several disciplines address specific organizational issues and how they effect overall performance
What Will Participants Learn?
- Methods for viewing an organization as a whole and its integral parts.
- Systemic approaches to viewing programs, people and resources from the vantage of mission and goal attainment.
- Better understanding of how financial, accounting and information systems enhance organizational capacity.
- Managing for results from benchmarking to performance indicators.
- Characteristics and attributes of high-performance organizations, and how to get there
- How to better align an organization with its mission
- Tools and concepts to apply to one's organization to get better results
- Change management as key to improving perform
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 18, 2018