This is a 2-day course endorsed with the Institute of Leadership and Management, designed to give individuals an insight into lean six sigma and an understanding of their role as a "yellow belt" in a team supporting a "Green Belt" project lead.
At the end of the training individuals will understand how they can support improvement projects and will have a choice to use a "different thinking way".
Your company would see a return from the training via improved team working towards successful project delivery. The course has exposed "hidden" leaders that have gone on to become strategic change agents within the business that invested in them.
- Understand how Lean and Six Sigma fit together
- Understand the 7 wastes and the impact on performance by focusing on them.
- How improvements should be focused on delivering value aligned to the needs of the Customer and Business
- How to drive waste and variability out of the system
- An understanding of the fundamentals of variation and how it affects process performance
- Know how the DMAIC methodology is used to improve processes.
- Understand the yellow belt role in a lean six sigma project team and the other typical roles in a lean six sigma deployment strategy.
- How to use the common, basic improvement tools
The training is highly interactive and includes exercises and a simulation that demonstrates how waste and variation occurs in a process and, more importantly, how to use lean and six sigma tools to eliminate it.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Those that want to learn improvement techniques and/or how to support a team applying lean six sigma on a project.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
ILM endorsed certificate.
Pricing for this course is as follows:
In-House / Company-specific training
As a cost-effective solution to group training, this course can be delivered in-house for 6-18 people.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 19, 2018