Business Administration Certificate
A dynamic career that can take you anywhere in the world into any field that interests you because you will learn the skills that are the backbone of business. Money is the foundation of business, and you will learn the skills needed to manage this vital resource.
This 8-month (2-semester) Certificate from the Chiu School of Business provides you with knowledge of financial management, financial planning, financial controls, and manual and computerized accounting. You will also learn how to prepare and analyze financial statements.
On graduation, you will be prepared for entry-level positions in accounting and bookkeeping firms, financial institutions, governments, industry, and the not-for-profit sector. You can find employment as an accounting assistant, payroll clerk, accounts receivable/payable clerk, or accountant for small- and medium-sized firms.
8-months (2 semesters)
- English 30-1 or English 30-2 or equivalent
- Credit in Math 30-1 or Math 30-2 or equivalent
- Successful completion of the General Educational Development test (GED) with a standard score of 520 in Language Arts: Reading and Writing and 520 in Math
- Satisfactory results on the BVC Admissions Test
Additional Admission Requirements
- Applicants should also be aware that many employers require completion of a high school diploma for consideration for employment.
English Language Proficiency Requirement
- For applicants whose first language is not English, please review English language proficiency requirements online.
Work experience options are available. Please contact a Student Engagement Officer for details.
Bow Valley College has a number of transfer agreements in place with other leading Canadian colleges and universities.
Program taught in: